SLF EXCLUSIVELY PRACTICES SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW AND JUVENILE DEFENSE AND EVERY CASE IS ALWAYS ABOUT THE CHILD. ALWAYS.
Selecting the appropriate counsel to handle your concern is imperative. You would not trust the counsel of someone who builds houses to provide your medical care. Yes, both professions use similar tools. But these professionals have received very individualized training focused on very different objectives. When hiring a lawyer to assist you with issues relating to your child whether it is a pending charge or a dispute with the school, it is imperative to select an attorney who is experienced and knowledgeable in these areas of law. Some firms just dabble in the very specialized areas of special education and juvenile defense. Sydnor Law Firm, PLLC does not.
Why do I need an attorney to help me?
A child’s education is a vital component of that child’s future. Education is at the core of our community. It affects that student and the communities in which they live. Some parents encounter issues that jeopardize their child’s education experience. The threat of expulsion, access to programs or services or any other number of school issues has the potential to impair the child’s future quality of life. The reality is that a child’s level of education has directly impacts their future independence, secondary learning options, earning power and participation in their community.
Select your attorney carefully. The stakes are high.
- Special Education Civil Rights Law, representation in due process disputes regarding eligibility, assessments, IEP programming, private placement, manifestation determination meetings, and discipline
- Special Education Advocacy, including appearances at IEPs and BIPs, obtaining/reviewing educational records, evaluation of current program General Education Discipline, including representation at expulsion hearings and appeals
- 504 Plans, including advocacy and legal representation at 504 Plan meetings and due process
- Civil Rights Claims, including representation in federal and state court proceedings regarding civil rights violations
- Appeals, including legal representation at federal and state court regarding appeals of IDEA, 504, expulsion, and civil rights matters
- Juvenile Justice matters, handles defense in juvenile court, negotiations with court counselors and DA